House Of Shadows

Life is full of noise and darkness. Cold wind is a breath of Eternity...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Volgograd, South, Russia

Dwelling on My Space.com

Sunday, September 03, 2006

Ian Nagoski - Warm, Coursing Blood



Genre: dark ambient, avant-garde, noise

Nagoski himself can explain his music better than I can: “I make recordings of single sounds, over and over again. Each track is slightly different but each is part of a set of that single sound. Then, rerecording that tape down a bunch of times in various mixes and at various speeds with the idea of tuning them to each other in mind onto multiple CDs, I play the CDs back together - sequentially and simultaneously - along with the source tape through a mixer, which then becomes the performance instrument. Controlling the tape speed and EQ of like sounds as I project them back into a room, I play the entire sound with equal attention to the interferences as to their related source-elements.”

Uh, yeah… whatever. I’d just say it’s gradual, buzzing, dark ambient music, and curiously, it’s a thrill to listen to.

The tracks (46 minutes) are available as 160kbps MP3s.

1. Feather - 12:10
2. Rain - 15:23
3. The Stars Are Beautiful - 9:31
4. Joy Forever - 9:28

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home